Saturday, August 16, 2014

3rd and 4th Grade Drawing Club: Pencil Portraits


Portrait Artist Kayleigh M.

I offered a drawing club on Fridays this nine weeks for both 3rd and 4th graders.  For the past two weeks, I had my daughter Sarah, an accomplished portrait artist, teach a lesson in basic portraiture to the students in these clubs.  The kids seem to get a kick out of learning from a high school-aged artist (especially one who is more than willing to point out when Mr. O. is doing something all wrong), and I think the simple portraits the 3rd and 4th graders produced show a lot of learning and some real talent.  I think we even inspired some to keep developing their own portraiture skills! 

Sarah's work, by the way, can be viewed at www.sarahoportraiture.weebly.com

Portrait Artist Zach D.

Portrait Artist Caden T.

Portrait Artist Kailyn L.

No comments:

Post a Comment